- Be strong but not inflexible. Be firm when
necessary, but friendly and reasonable, and willing to compromise if
- Keep an eye toward the future. Look for ways
to create improvements while working within any systems and limitations.
- Be kind, but not weak. Kindness is a sure sign
of quiet strength. The best leaders look for ways to show others that
they sincerely care about them as individuals.
- Bosses boss, but a leader builds
relationships. Loyalty goes to the leaders.
- To build your influence, be the first to offer
solutions, to accept challenges, and to accept new responsibilities - in
other words, be a difference maker.
- Be consistent. Consistency is a dependable and
trustworthy quality that both bosses and coworkers will appreciate.
- Keep negative emotions in check. Don't let
anger, destructive criticism, pettiness, or a lack of control be your